Nothing says summer more than open-air concerts. Think about it. What could be better than lounging on a lawn under the Mediterranean stars listening to some of your favorite tunes, be it a dose of 90s nostalgia from your favorite boy band or the ethno chic beats and drums from popular Israeli artists Idan Raichel? The city of Tel Aviv has hosted numerous musical giants such as Madonna and Justin Timberlake in the spacious Hayarkon Park just north of the port. The sprawling lawns are large enough to create the stage and sound system needed for a world famous artist on tour and still leave plenty of room for the crowds that arrive in thousands to spread out a blanket on the grass or, for the truly devoted, cram together as close to the stage as possible. For a more intimate experience head north to Caesarea, the ancient sea side city built by the romans, where the preserved amphitheater makes for a magic music venue all through the summer season. The amphitheater of Raanana, a small city 20 min north of Tel Aviv, although less historically impressive is considered a first class venue for local as well as international acts. Here are some upcoming shows that should not be missed by travelers heading to Tel Aviv this spring
- Starting on May 7th, the iconic 90’s singer Lauryn Hill will be performing in Rishon LeZion. Past member of the Fugees, Hill will be sure to woo the crowd with her famous hit “Killing me Softly.”
- Backstreet’s back, alright! Get ready for your favorite boy-band to perform at the Raanana Amphitheater for three nights this May. From May 19th through the 21st the Backstreet Boys will dance their hearts out for all their favorite Israeli fans.
- OneRepublic is planning to bring it’s #NativeTour to the area on May 28th at the Ramat Gan Stadium. Known for top hits like “Apologize” and “Counting Stars,” OneRepublic’s concert will definitely not let any love run out.
- Popular Israeli singer and songwriter, Idan Raichel is coming to the Theatron Amphitheater in Ashdod on June 11th. Raichel’s unique Middle Eastern meets world music style is enchanting and enjoyable to be heard live.
- While no date has been confirmed yet, country and pop star favorite Taylor Swift is rumored to be coming to Tel Aviv in June of 2015. Be sure to check your social media accounts for upcoming news because this troublemaker is known for her awesome shows.