With temperatures rising and the summer months coming in hot, cooling down in Tel Aviv is more important than ever. Yes, there’s a big sea right outside our window, but lounging on the beach isn't your only option when it comes to chilling out. Water activities are running rampant throughout the city so your possibilities for water fun have no limits.
- When the red or black flags are out on the lifeguard stands, you know it's a perfect day to get your surf on. The winds in Tel Aviv can get quite strong at times by the water, presenting the perfect weather for a day of riding the waves or “galim” in Hebrew. Whether you’re an advanced surfer or just staring out, there are endless opportunities to experience the water from above.
- Laying out on the beach can be fun, but after a while sand gets in places you don’t want it to be. If you’re looking for an alternative, tanning and swimming at Gordon Pool is for you. With clean, jellyfish free waters and day beds to sprawl out on, the Gordon Pool is a happening place all year round. Entry is 60NIS on weekdays (SUN-FRI) and 70NIS on Saturday so bring the whole family down for a day of swimming and fun at Tel Aviv’s most popular pool.
- You may have driven past the Yarkon river and park several times and wondered what goes on down there, so this summer is your opportunity to find out. Paddle boating, row boating, motor boating and more, the Yarkon River Boathouse offers a wide arrange of boating activities to please anyone’s desire. With several family friendly options, bring a picnic basket for lunch and spend your day at the Yarkon River Park.
- It is known that paddle boarding is a great way to exercise muscles you never know you had so if you’re looking for an active way to spend time in the water while still relaxing and soaking up the sun, make your way down to the beach and rent yourself a paddle board. On the water right near Hilton Beach is a good place to get lessons and rent a board to paddle around on for the day. For more information and prices check out www.levyam.co.il.
- This Friday the biggest water event of the summer is coming to Rabin Square. Water war 2015 will kick off at precisely 14:14. Bring all your best water gear and weapons for the craziest water fight you’ve ever seen. Prepare to get soaked to the bone as the water fight drenches Tel Aviv. Check out the Facebook event and click attending at www.facebook.com/events/1596282497303639.